3 Day Juice Cleanse

Hi Friends! :)

I hope everyone is having a great start to May! Lots of rain where I'm at but at least it's not snow right!?

I'm so happy to be home for the summer!

I've got lots of plans, and if you've read my last post you will know that I am going to try to make this summer the fittest summer of my life.

As promised I have a review post for you of a 3 day juice cleanse I did about a month ago :)

Pulp & Press Juice Co.




My roommate and I had been talking all school year about doing a cleanse together. We are both health enthusiasts, and wanted to give it a try.

I've heard so many things about juice cleanses, both good and bad. But you can't really make a conclusion on something you've never tried, and so that is what we did.

We ordered our juices from the Pulp & Press Juice Co. They had great service. Once you fill out an "application" on their website to do a cleanse they will personally call or email you to set up a date to do your cleanse.

I'm not going to go into details about the cost...because quite frankly any juice cleanse that you do by purchasing the juices by a store or company is going to be quite costly. But I can tell you that the Pulp & Press Juice Co. does have some of the most reasonable prices out there.

What is also really cool about this company is that they have 6 programs which you can choose from!

  • The Mini
  • Intermediate
  • The Total Makeover
  • The Chew
  • The Hangover
  • The "I Do"
I chose to do 'The Mini' since this would be my first juice cleanse.

They delivered the juices the night before day 1 of the cleanse. They also sent me an email of some tips and the 'schedule' of the juices.

I got 5 juices a day. 

Here's a little rundown of the variety of juices I got to try:

  • Alkalinity: Apple, Celery, Cucumber, Lime, Kale This drink was a classic juice that I would make in my own juicer at home. I drank quite a lot of this flavour on the cleanse. It was very nice. Not as sweet as the others, which is something that you need when you are drinking nothing but juice. Very refreshing. 9/10                                                                    
  • Turbo: Apple, Celergy, Cucumber, Lime, Spinach, Spirulina  I was a little disappointed in this one. Not because it didn't taste great, but because it tasted almost identical to the alkalinity. The only difference is that you could taste a slight difference from the spinach and spirulina. I still give the flavour a rating of 9/10        
  • Red Monster: Apple, Beet, Cucumber, Avocado, Lime This one is very creamy from the avocado and had a strong beet flavour. It had just the right sweetness and I think the lime balanced out this drink perfectly without making it sour. Get ready to see some vibrant colours in the toilet! (TMI??). 9/10
  • Beta Blaster: Carrot, Apple, Lemon, Beet, Ginger  You can taste the ginger and lemon right away which gave it a tangy taste. You can also taste the beets and a hint of carrots. The apple definitely sweeten this baby right up! It was very refreshing and sweet. 8/10        
  • Hulk: Apple, Pineapple, Cucumber, Kale, Lime, Avocado, Spirulina  This was the first one I tried on day one and it didn't disappoint. It was creamy from avocado, and sweet & sour from the pineapple. The great thing was that you could not taste the greens! 8/10  
  • Root Cellar: Apple, Beet, Carrot, Celery, Lemon, Ginger This one definitely stains your tongue! Nice and red from the beets. I will say if you are not a beet lover than this flavour would not be your favourite. However I love beets, so I loved this drink. It had a strong beet flavour. It also had a bit of a kick to it from the ginger which I really liked. 8/10   
  • Verde: Apple, Pinapple, Cucumber, Cilantro, Lime, Avocado, Spirulina  Another great flavour. I really loved the sweetness from the pineapple this time! It wasn't too sour and it wasn't too sweet. The only thing that I did not enjoy very much was the taste from the cilantro. 8/10                                      
  • Lemon Sherbert: Apple, Lemon, Beet This was the last juice of the cleanse on day 3. Definitely saved the BEST for last! It tasted just like the name sounds and was my favourite juice of the whole cleanse. It reminded me of italian ice. It did not have a strong 'beety' flavour. The juice had a nice lemony flavour without the sourness. This juice was very refreshing. I could definitely see my self drinking thing everyday in the summer. 10/10 


I must say that all of these juices were DELICIOUS! Seriously though....SO TASTY

For the overall cleanse experience however, I was disappointed. I do not think I would do another juice cleanse again. I didn't get that "burst of energy" that people claim to get on a juice cleanse. Perhaps it is because I did not have much to "cleanse" out of my system since I do not eat much junk. But I was very hungry the whole time on the cleanse, and the juices did not fill me up. Honestly, I felt miserable.

I've heard of other cleanses where the drinks are more like a smoothie rather than a juice. I think I would much rather prefer a 'Smoothie Cleanse' since the fibre from the fruits and vegetables in the smoothie would keep you full. The problem with juicing is that while you keep the vitamins and minerals from the fruits and vegetables, you lose the fibre. I would be satisfied for maybe an hour after drinking my juice, and then I would be thinking about when I could have my next juice. I definitely could not stop thinking about food the whole time I was on the cleanse.

These juices were very delicious however. I may not do another juice cleanse but I would definitely consider (and recommend) incorporating juicing into my daily life as a refreshing way to get numerous servings of my fruits and vegetables. I would also be very happy to purchase more juices from the Pulp & Press Co. but not for a cleanse, and more for a daily pick me up drink.

I definitely do NOT regret doing this cleanse. I've always wanted to do one and now I have!

Have you ever done a juice cleanse? 

~XoXo Britt

Comments

Popular Posts