Puppies & Cauliflower Pizza

Hi friends!

This little gal has officially been adopted into the family!

Meet Callie.


Just look at that little fluff ball!

I can hear you all right now..."Awww" "So Cute"

You're welcome for that moment of sweetness & innocence.

Although she's super adorable and I love her to bits, she is quite the ball of energy that keeps my hands full.

Potty training is taking its toll...If anyone has any tips on housetraining your new puppy, I'd appreciate any tips :)


If you haven't checked your calendars, it's officially summer!

I don't know what it is about summer, but I always seem to have a health kick.

There are so many fruits and vegetables in season, and the fact that you will most likely be bearing your arms and legs at some point is a little intimidating. So why not stick to those fruits and veggies? 

I would definitely not consider myself "bikini ready". I don't know about you, but it isn't until summer actually BEGINS that I work out hard and master my green smoothie recipes. 

There are so many creative recipes out there that can incorporate all of your favourite fruits and vegetables. That's my favourite part of it all.

Recently, I visited a friend and we mastered the "Cauliflower Pizza".

You heard it right! No more "Carby" pizza made with white processed flour leaving you bloated only after one slice.

It's gluten free, can easily be altered to be vegan, and it is HEALTHY...Depending on your toppings ;) 

The best part is that I ate half this pizza without feeling guilty at all, AND it was satisfying!

Cauliflower Pizza

Serves 2-4 

Ingredients

For the Crust
2 Cups Pulsed or Grated Cauliflower (About 3/4 to a full head of cauliflower)
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Large Eggs
1-2 TBSP Oregano
1 TBSP Parsley
1 TBSP Ground Flaxseed (Whole flaxseed will work fine)
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Salt (optional)

Toppings
*NOTE* These are the toppings for my specific pizza. Be as creative as you'd like and top it off how you desire! :)

1/2 Sliced Zucchini
1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
1/3 to 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. Grate or pulse cauliflower until it is all shredded into a fine "rice like" texture. Add to a medium mixing bowl. 

3. Add cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, parsley, flaxseeds and eggs to the grated cauliflower. Mix all ingredients together. 

4. Spray a pizza pan or baking tray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. (Any type of oil should work or parchment paper if you do not have cooking spray on hand)

5. Evenly press the cauliflower mix onto the pan and put in the oven for approximately 15 minutes (Do not let the edges become brown quite yet).

6. Take the crust out of the oven and lower temperature to 300F.  

7. Dress your pizza with your desired toppings. I started with my tomato sauce, followed by my veggies and then sprinkled with a small amount of cheese.

8. Place pizza back in the oven until the cheese is melted or the edges start to brown.

9. Take that delicious looking pizza out of the oven and slice into desired pieces.

ENJOY!

*Don't forget to turn off your oven ;) Nobody wants a fire hazard*


If you don't follow me already, I post a lot of my food and creations on Instagram (@betterlivingxoxo) :)

I will start to post small recipes on there while still keeping up with this blog.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

~XoXo Britt


Comments

Popular Posts