You CAN Have Your Cake and Eat it Too!

I've always been a carb lover and dessert admirer! 

I mean, working part time in a farmer's market as a baker I never get enough!

I love to decorate and bake as much as I like the taste of a good chocolate cake. 

So whenever I get the chance to bake I take it! So if its your birthday you can bet your dollar's bottom that you will be receiving a cake from me...decorated or not :D

One of the best cakes I have ever made, tasted and received compliments from if a Chocolate Peanut Butter & Ganache Birthday Cake adapted from here.

This cake in particular I made for my best friend's birthday! And it was demolished within a day!

Success!

Cake Ingredients:
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
1 3.9 ounce box chocolate pudding
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Veg Oil
1/2 Cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 Eggs
1 Bag Mini Chocolate Chips

Directions: 
1. Add ingredients into mixing bowl and beat until combined, about less than a minute.
2. Bake in prepared cake pans (I use 2 8' pans) in a pre heated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. 
3. Remove from oven and let cool.

Now that you have two equal sized cake rounds you can begin to fill the center to stick the two together.
I used peanut butter frosting and a layer of chocolate mousse.

 Peanut Butter Frosting
Ingredients:
1 cup Butter(room temp)
1/2 cup Peanut butter
1 TB Vanilla
3-5 Tb Heavy Whipping Cream
4-5 cups Powdered sugar
Directions: 
1. Beat room temp butter and Peanut butter until Creamy. 
2. Add about 4 cups of powdered sugar, vanilla, and 3 TB whipping cream and beat until combined and creamy. 
3. Add more whipping cream and/or powdered sugar to reach desired consistency. 


PB Frosting :)

Chocolate Mousse (Dr. Oetker)


Once you stack your second layer you can go ahead and start decorating!


I started by covering the cake with the PB Frosting


Then I used a regular chocolate from here to decorate and personalize the cake to make it special! But of course you can do what you please. You don't even have to decorate it. Sometime I'll just make the cake and frosting and eat it like a fondue!
YUM!


The Finished Product :)


~XoXo Britt






Comments

Popular Posts